ABS has perhaps the best balance of properties when cost is a factor. It has good chemical and stress-resistance as well as a combination of toughness with rigidity and creep resistance. ABS sheet is an easily machined, tough, low-cost rigid material. It can be turned, drilled, milled, sawed, die-cut, sheared and routed.
- Business machine housings and parts
- Model building
ABS Features Benefits
- Easily machined, tough, low cost rigid thermoplastic material with High impact strength.
- Ideal for turning, drilling, milling, sawing, die-cutting, shearing.
- Good chemical and stress cracking resistance to inorganic salt solutions, alkalis, acids, and some oils.
- Excellent abrasion resistance; electrical properties, moisture and creep resistance.